hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Hong Wu <xunzhang...@gmail.com>
Subject Push Lantency Problem of Large Commits
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 09:49:49 GMT
Hi,

Ed <https://github.com/edespino> and I met a problem after pushing into
upstream(https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-hawq.git
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgit-wip-us.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fasf%2Fincubator-hawq.git&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH3sTQDluqH3IN-wW9DCnMU8LcMvg>)
with a large commit(we removed the thrift library inside hawq codebase
since it contains many unregulated binary files).

The problem is that after pushing this commit, the commit did not show up
in github. Firstly, since github remote(github.com/apache/incubator-hawq.git)
is a mirror repo of git://git.apache.org/incubator-hawq.git , we regard it
reasonable to wait some time to sync. But we tried to pull/fetch from
upstream(not github remote), we could not get any updates which is strange.
I want to know what is going on during this stage? And does some one know
the actual pipeline of a push to an apache project?

After maybe 10 plus hours, the commit showed up in github. If this is an
expected lantency, I also wonder whether this could influence the following
commits(might be smaller commits)?

Best
Hong