hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Kyle Dunn <kd...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Creating view on Hcatalog Tables
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 21:21:35 GMT
Hi Muji -

Have you validated that the PXF service is functioning as expected? As an
example: try running an ad-hoc query against the hcatalog table like you
have done in the view definition above (maybe adding limit 10).

Also, it may be helpful to cross-post this to StackOverflow with a HAWQ tag
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/hawq> - there are quite a few
people monitoring that channel that may not be on this mailing list.

Thanks,
Kyle

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM Muji Kadry <mujtaba.qadri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am running a POC, in which the customer wants to access HAWQ data stored
> in ORC format via PXF in HAWQ, without changing their existing queries. In
> order to do that i was thinking of creating a view on top of the hcatalog
> tables, but hawq is giving error. Does anyone else have any other ideas on
> how to circumvent changing tables names?
>
> Thanks,
> Muji
>
> For Example:
>
> gpadmin=# create view  vw_time_dim as
>
> gpadmin-#
>
> gpadmin-# select time_id from hcatalog.default.time_dim;

> This probably means the server terminated abnormally

*Kyle Dunn | Data Engineering | Pivotal*
Direct: 303.905.3171 <3039053171> | Email: kdunn@pivotal.io