hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Goden Yao <goden...@apache.org>
Subject New Committer: Kavinder Dhaliwal (Announcement)
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:56:52 GMT
The PPMC for Apache HAWQ (incubating) has asked Kavinder Dhaliwal to become
a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.

We'd hope in this way it's going to enable easier contribution from him to
the project and better productivity.

Please join us in congratulating him and we are looking forward to
collaborating with him in the open source community.
-Goden

*** Here is some details about his contribution so far ***
His contribution includes (but not limited to):

   - *Direct contribution to code base*:
   9 closed PRs:
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+user%3Akavinderd+author%3Akavinderd
,
   these are relatively smaller PRs but demonstrate the variety of knowledge
   from data type to security token handling inside HAWQ and drew a lot of
   discussion among committers.
   1 open PR:
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?q=is%3Apr+user%3Akavinderd+author%3Akavinderd+is%3Aclosed

   - *Indirect** contribution(Code Reviews) to code base: *
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/854
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/853
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/837
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/820 (in this one, he gave
   peer contributors detailed guide and feedback for PR)
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/848
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/821
   - *Mailing List:*

   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hawq-dev/201607.mbox/browser
   Based on my counting, he had 4 emails in June, 8 in July and 2 in Aug so
   far. Definitely not one of the most active in the discussion, but I do see
   a trend from him to speak up more in the discussion.
   - *Jiras Created*:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-973?jql=project%20%3D%20HAWQ%20AND%20reporter%20in%20(kavinderd)
   11 total from Feb/Mar to Aug, most of them map to the direct
   contribution above (PRs)
   - *Jiras Assigned:*

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-973?jql=project%20%3D%20HAWQ%20AND%20assignee%20in%20(kavinderd)
   (similar to created)
   - *Jira Commented*:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-786 this is the most
   representative commented jira from him about HAWQ pluggable storage, which
   could be the next big thing for the community to work on.