hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject libhdfs3 development is still going on outside of ASF
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 00:42:57 GMT
Hi!

a good discussion over at:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1046
highlighted the fact that there still seems to be
non-trivial HAWQ development going on outside of
ASF repos. This is contrary to my understanding and
we have to come up with a plan of how to shut down
that repo (or make it a read-only mirror).

If you really need a separate repo we can create
an extra one on the ASF side, but at this point it is
likely going to complicate your release mechanics
which I really don't recommend until you get a few
releases under your belt.

If there's any other outstanding issues -- lets discuss
those on this thread.

Thanks,
Roman.