hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ming Li <...@pivotal.io>
Subject Please append 'close #PR_id' to commit message when you merge other's pull request
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 03:42:50 GMT
Hi all committers,

It seems that we can not close other's pull request conviently (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12580),  it is better to tell
git hook automatically close PR automatically.

Here is the steps I added into the wiki(
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Contributing+to+HAWQ):
# In case of some contributor often forget to close pull request,
# Append commit message to automatically close pull request after code
merged. e.g. PR number is 12:
run `git commit --amend` and append "(close #12)" to commit message.