hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Zhanwei Wang <wan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: libhdfs3 development is still going on outside of ASF
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:04:32 GMT
Currently libhdfs3’s official code is not the same as in HAWQ. Some new code does not copy
into HAWQ.  I do not think code change of libhdfs3 should follow HAWQ’s commit process because
 many change are not related to HAWQ.

From HAWQ side, I suggest to keep the stable version of its third-party libraries and copy
new libhdfs3’s code only when it is necessary.

libhdfs3 was open source years before HAWQ incubating with a separated permission of its authority.
So in my opinion it is a third party and it actually was a third party before HAWQ incubating.
And HAWQ is not the only user.

Best Regards

Zhanwei Wang
wangzw@apache.org