hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Denissov <adenis...@pivotal.io>
Subject etc/_mgmt_config file -- is it required ?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 21:20:31 GMT
I was trying to upgrade HAWQ in the environment managed by Ambari using
"yum upgrade hawq" command.

The upgrade went thru and Ambari re-created configuration files in etc/
directory of the new version, HAWQ came up and was able to execute queries.

However, I noticed, the old etc/ directory still had file "_mgmt_config"
present, while the new directory did not have it. Ambari is not creating or
managing this file.

Is this file required ? Is it created during "hawq init" ?

If it is required and is created during init, its creation will need to
move to "hawq start", since during upgrade "hawq init" is not performed, as
the new binaries will work against old catalog and data.

--
Thanks,
Alex.