hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Radar Da lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Replace python module paramiko with pexpect
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:17:18 GMT
Hi All,

Currently HAWQ use 'paramiko' to sync password-less ssh keys between the
cluster nodes. It works fine, but 'paramiko' have license compatible issues
with Apache HAWQ. So we removed that part code, then users need to install
it manually by pip install.

Only 'hawq ssh-exkeys ...' command used it.

I did some research and find we can use 'pexpect' and
'ptyprocess'(submodule of pexpect) to replace 'paramiko'.

Seems they are all compatible with Apache HAWQ license. So I proposal to
include these two python modules in HAWQ code, then users won't need to do
manual install works.

For their licenses, please see below link:

Licenses:
pexpect:
https://github.com/pexpect/pexpect/blob/master/LICENSE

ptyprocess: