hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Kavinder Dhaliwal <kdhali...@pivotal.io>
Subject Planner invoked twice on master
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 17:31:06 GMT
Hi,

Recently I was looking into the issue of PXF receiving multiple REST
requests to the fragmenter. Based on offline discussions I have got a rough
idea that this is happening because HAWQ plans every query twice on the
master. I understand that this is to allow resource negotiation that was a
feature of HAWQ 2.0. I'd like to know if anyone on the mailing list can
give any more background into the history of the decision making behind
this change for HAWQ 2.0 and whether this is only a short term solution

Thanks,
Kavinder