hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Acknowledging cryptographic code
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 21:25:28 GMT
Hi!

after a lot of effort to get rid of crypto code in HAWQ it
has come to our attention (again, because of the awesome
analysis done by Justin) that the code we imported from
PostgreSQL such as:
    https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/REL8_1_0/src/port/crypt.c
would require us to seek export compliance as outlined
in the following documentation:
    http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

I would like to re-iterate that it is PMC's business to be vigilant
about tracking this sort of compliance. As such, it is extremely
important that all of you read through the document I linked to
and ask any questions you may have on this thread.

Since HAWQ is still in Incubation there's a few steps outlined
in the document that one of the mentors (myself) will have to
do for you guys. However, this shouldn't confuse you into
thinking that export compliance is handled by somebody else
at Apache.

It is a PMC responsibility. It is YOUR responsibility.

Thanks,
Roman.