hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Goden Yao <goden...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HAWQ 2.0.0-incubating Release
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 20:53:39 GMT
I compiled latest content again in the release branch. build was successful
and installed.
found JavaDoc 100 Warnings, and filed JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-941
But I don’t think it’s a blocker though.

There’s a few other warnings , e.g. dependencies

[WARNING] /Users/tyao/source/asf/incubator-hawq/contrib/hawq-hadoop/hawq-mapreduce-parquet/src/test/java/com/pivotal/hawq/mapreduce/parquet/HAWQParquetOutputDriver.java:
/Users/tyao/source/asf/incubator-hawq/contrib/hawq-hadoop/hawq-mapreduce-parquet/src/test/java/com/pivotal/hawq/mapreduce/parquet/HAWQParquetOutputDriver.java
uses or overrides a deprecated API.
[WARNING] /Users/tyao/source/asf/incubator-hawq/contrib/hawq-hadoop/hawq-mapreduce-parquet/src/test/java/com/pivotal/hawq/mapreduce/parquet/HAWQParquetOutputDriver.java:
Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

I’m not sure if these matter, please let me know if you see issues or
concerns during compilation.

-Goden

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:26 AM Goden Yao godenyao@apache.org
<http://mailto:godenyao@apache.org> wrote:

As release manager for this release, I'll check the branch status again. As
> this release only targets IP clean source tarball, I think these commits
> might be OK to sit in the branch to avoid churns.
>
> But please make sure we only cherry-pick "2.0.0.0-incubating" JIRAs into
> the branch next time. This is a process we should enforce in the future
> releases.
>
> -Goden
>
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 8:24 PM Radar Da lei <rlei@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
>> 'git push -f' kind of dangerous, re-create the branch should be a safe
>> way.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Radar