hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ting(Goden) Yao" <t...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-incubating Release
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 17:32:14 GMT
As I didn't see any response on the thread, I have done creating a new
branch "*2.0.0.0-incubating*" based on the latest commit on master :
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=3b54677d9d06d49e40e161daedfe7efa2229fc07

I also have deleted the old "2.0.0-incubating" branch.
Please start working on our 1st release in this new branch.
Thanks
-Goden

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 3:19 PM Ting(Goden) Yao <tyao@pivotal.io> wrote:

> To echo with Roman's ask - I assume we plan to cut 2.0.0.0-incubating
> branch based on the current head of Master:
>
> The last known commit when we were discussing on this thread was: by rlei
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=0f61e8597586d9e4f3902b14dc0ad2debae606a7
>

> today (July 7), shivram had another commit to fix a unit test issue:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=e150dc4e346bf471687e32c32f37c66896d302ec
>

> so if we want to cut the branch please do it fast as master is always
> moving with latest commits.
>
> If I don't see any updates on the thread of creating the release branch by
> July 8th morning 10am (PST), as release manager, I'll go ahead to create
> the branch based on the latest commit then.
>
> Let me know if there's any concerns for that.
>
> Thanks
> -Goden
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 11:25 AM Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Goden!
>>
>> To close the loop on the other thread that has to do with dependencies
>> management,
>> I'd like to ask that whoever cuts the branch notifies the list
>> immediately so I don't
>> have to wait for the tarball to be put up for vote in order to provide
>> feedback on
>> the build.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roman.
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Ting(Goden) Yao <tyao@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> > I'm fine with this one-time approach. Please moving forward creating a
>> new
>> > branch and deal with the version issue , then I'll check and respin the
>> > voting process.
>> > I've also updated JIRA release version for this one to
>> "*2.0.0.0-incubating*"
>> > to be consistent as well as wiki page.

>> cleanup,
>> just