hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Goden Yao <goden...@apache.org>
Subject Confusion around HAWQ versions in JIRA
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 00:09:57 GMT
Hi all,

I want to raise some concerns around HAWQ versions we used in Apache JIRA.
We right now have:

   - 2.0.0-incubating (this is the upcoming release we're working on)
   - 2.0.0 (this was used for JIRAs after originally planned
   2.0.0-incubating) , now I see a little bit issue if we releae
   2.0.0-incubating , what leaves with items associated with this version?
   - 2.1.0 - supposedly , this is the next minor release
   - 3.0.0 - supposedly, this is the next major release
   - Backlog

Then I see this JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-875 (*Upgrade
HAWQ version to 2.0.1.0*), which is not a version listed on the release
page.
Can we:

   - Clarify which version is for which release (goals, purpose, etc.) see
   example I did for 2.0.0-incubating:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Release+2.0.0-incubating

   - When you file JIRA, make sure you have a targeted version for it so
   it's easy to track from release perspective.

Thanks
-Goden