hawq-dev mailing list archives

From David Yozie <dyo...@pivotal.io>
Subject HAWQ Documentation Source
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:37:44 GMT
We're starting an effort to open source the Apache HAWQ end-user
documentation. Because it's still early in the process, it would be great
to get feedback as to how to make the documentation easy to work with, and
easy to contribute to.  Here's the basic proposal so far:

   - All Apache HAWQ documentation source will be made available in
   MarkDown format, for ease-of-use in making doc contributions.
   - We'd like to make the docs available in a new git repo, such as git://
   git.apache.org/incubator-hawq-docs.git
   <http://git.apache.org/incubator-hawq-docs.git>
   - With each new Apache HAWQ software release, a new HTML site will be
   generated and hosted on the main project site. For example:
   http://hawq.incubator.apache.org/docs/
   <http://hawq.incubator.apache.org/docs/><release-version>/
   - Instructions and supporting files will be made available so that
   anyone can build HTML from the MD source using the open source bookbinder
   <https://github.com/pivotal-cf/bookbinder> project.
   - Content-wise, the open source docs will be very similar to the current
   Pivotal HDB docs. Pivotal will continue to single source the open Apache
   HAWQ docs in order to create the HDB docs site.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or concerns regarding the above.

Thanks!

-David