hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ruilong Huo <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: HAWQ Ranger Integration Design Doc
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 08:41:57 GMT
Very cool proposal to integrate ranger with hawq. Here are two of my
concerns, any clarification would be great. Thanks.

1. If users created in LDAP/Unix will be synced by UserSync processes
periodically, is that means there is a chance that a newly created user
might not be found in Ranger Admin Server just because it is not synced yet?

2. What's the expected behaviour when ranger becomes offline temporarily,
and thus cannot provided sync/grant/check/audit functionalities in that
interim? Will hawq stop responding to queries that are about to start, and
wait for ranger to get back?

Best regards,
Ruilong Huo