hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ruilong Huo <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [Propose] More data skipping technology for IO intensive performance enhancement
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 13:56:38 GMT
Strong agree with Ming's proposal.

We do have DPE (dynamic partition elimination) in HAWQ. But it is a kind of
high level skipping which is conducted at planning phase.
If fine-grained filter can be done at runtime in execution phase, there
might be more performance gain for I/O intensive workload.

Looking forward to see a plan for it soon:)

Best regards,
Ruilong Huo