hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ruilong Huo <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: sanity-check before running cases in feature-test
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 06:22:03 GMT
+1 for @Hong Wu

For item 1, I suppose the test case is designed to make sure something goes
well. It fails if something is not good.
In your case, the something is absent of plpython in the cluster. Though it
is not the excellent way to let you know that.

For item 2, it is possible to add some basic check, such as GPHOME,
MASTER_DATA_DIRECTORY, or even connectivity to hawq, before running the
test. But it is a kind of "over-engineering" like "why you run test even
your environment is not available?"

Best regards,
Ruilong Huo