hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Vineet Goel <vvin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-incubating Release
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 02:36:31 GMT
Radar,

I understand that we have a clean slate right now in terms of releases, so
it's not a huge issue re-creating the branch. However, going forward, we
should follow the process to be able to do proper release management and
change control.

So, should we make an exception for this one time in the spirit of getting
our first release out asap?
I think Goden, as the release manager should make that call.

Thanks
-Vineet

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Radar Da lei <rlei@pivotal.io> wrote:

> Hi Vineet,
>
> Merge or re-create the branch is almost the same for our current status.
>
> Re-create the branch can make all our good changes in, and it's more clear,
> users can easy find out where it cut out, just following one version change
> commit.
>
> Anyway, I'm fine with each way. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Radar
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Vineet Goel <vvineet@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Radar,
> >
> > The whole point of cutting a branch was to stabilize it for the first
> > release. Why would we discard it and start a new one from master? Any
> > changes since the 2.0.0-incubating branch needs to go in the next release
> > scope (unless selective back-porting is necessary to meet the first
> release
> > scope).
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Vineet
> >

> > On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Radar Da lei <rlei@pivotal.io> wrote:
> >
> > > Since we have a lot of commits for this release after creating the
> > branch.
> > > I will re-create the branch. So the first blocking issue is gone.
> Nothing
> > > need to be merged.
> > >
> > > Any concerns, please let me know. Thanks.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Radar

> issue)

> this