hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Radar Da lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: question on pg_hba.conf updates
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 02:49:12 GMT
Hi Vineet,

While doing HAWQ cluster init, we will collect master/standby/segment ip
addresses and update pg_hba.conf. After hawq init, content of 'pg_hba.conf'
on each node should be different.

When a cluster adding a new standby, this will get pg_hba.conf updated on
all the nodes. Activate standby will not update pg_hba.conf since all
entires already in standby and segments's pg_hba.conf.

Adding a new segment will only generate a new pg_hba.conf for itself.

These are what I can think out for this moment. Thanks.

Regards,
Radar