hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Chase <gch...@pivotal.io>
Subject Need to add incubator disclaimer to HAWQ website
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 16:48:26 GMT
Dear HAWQ devs,
A recent branding audit
<https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BrandingAuditJune2016>of the incubator
websites found a serious but easily fixable issue with the HAWQ website. We
are out of compliance with Incubator branding guidelines
<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html>.

It needs to have the Incubator disclaimer text as part of the site:

Apache HAWQ is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Incubator. Incubation is required of all
newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the
infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized
in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation
status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of
the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by
the ASF.

There's also feedback about the Incubator logo being part of the footer,
but I do not see a corresponding guideline that suggests this is out of
compliance.

Therefore, I propose we add the disclaimer to the footer in parallel with
the Incbuator logo.

-Greg

--
Greg Chase