hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Guo <paul...@gmail.com>
Subject sanity-check before running cases in feature-test
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 05:47:11 GMT
I have >1 times to encounter some feature test failures due to reported
missing stuffs.

e.g.

1. I did not have pl/python installed in my hawq build so
   UDF/sql/function_set_returning.sql fails to "create language plpythonu"
   This makes this case fails.

2. Sometimes I forgot to source a greenplum.sh, then all cases run
    with failures due to missing psql.

We seem to be able to improve.

1) Sanity-check some file existence in common code, e.g.
    psql, gpdiff.pl,

2) Some cases could do sanity-check in their own test constructor functions,
    e.g. if the case uses the extension plpython, the test case should
check it itself.

More thoughts?