hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Gang <paul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replace git submodule with git clone + file with commit number?
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 12:16:58 GMT
All of our work is to make build easy. We expect users to easily
compile a hawq build with all features we could provide in an
automatic way.

We previously had pgcrypto, pl/r and gporca submodules.

For pgcrypto and pl/r, specific versions should be used and simple
patching is needed (so that it could build using hawq makefiles).
They do not have independent build framework.

gpoca could be built separately and then we could pass some paths
to hawq in theory - this is actually the old hawq+gporca build solution.

I do not think users like building themselves, and making them work with
hawq.
It is not that simple. If users do not have access to Internet that could
really
be a concern, but as I said, private mirrors of dependencies + simple make
modifications (If they have git code in related paths, even no mirror is
needed)
would be a better solution.

Thanks.