hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Guo <paul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replace git submodule with git clone + file with commit number?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 10:20:37 GMT
For gporca it is ok to pre-build them and pass orca installation path to
hawq, but for
pgcrypto and plr, having a script to run before building hawq seems to not
be a good
idea, technically speaking.

plr/pgcrypto depends on the configure options and configure checking.
(e.g. with and without openssl option in configure, pgcrypto build results
will be different).

That means building of these features are not 100% independent on building
of hawq.