hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Hubert Zhang <hzh...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: elastic execution engine question
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 01:30:30 GMT
For random table, the virtual segment number is related to the data size of
the table. For large tables, we prefer use more virtual segments to achieve
better performance. While for small tables, less virtual segments are
needed, which could save resources and enable more concurrent queries.

--
Thanks

Hubert Zhang