hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Jiali Yao <j...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: HAWQ Ranger Integration Design Doc
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 03:02:16 GMT
Good to see ranger in HAWQ.

I have some questions:
1. If we want to use ranger, it must be from initial phase or shall we
enable range certification when we already have a running database?  Also
similar for upgrade from non-ranger HAWQ to range supported HAWQ.In create
user second part, if we only have gpadmin, how to mapping existing user ?

2. If we use ranger, "create user in LDAP" will be only entry for user
creation? Will we still support "create user" in HAWQ? If yes, it will
trigger sync when create user right?

3. How to handling "drop user"? Will drop all related policy in Ranger?
What about user in linux ldap?

Thanks

Jiali