hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Replace git submodule with git clone + file with commit number?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 22:35:48 GMT
On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Radar Da lei <rlei@pivotal.io> wrote:
> One thought is if they all have released source tarball, we can let user
> download these tarballs to a specified directory.
>
> Then when compiling, we do not do 'git clone' but extract these tarballs if
> the specified version tarballs are detected.
>
> But for user who don't have internet access, when compiling, maven download
> would be a problem.

Not it won't -- like I said -- requiring a set of dependencies to be
available locally
is totally fine. So for Maven, for example, I can have a full set of
dependencies
available in local .m2 cache and then my build is expected to just work.

You still would have to make sure that everything that is part of the HAWQ build
itself gets built in just the right order, of course.

Thanks,
Roman.