hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Any interest in running HAWQ on n Docker containers?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 17:26:15 GMT
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Jemish Patel <jemishp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi bigtop devs,
>
> Wanted to see if there was interest and how we can work together to have
> HAWQ run in Docker containers for the larger Hadoop community.

I think there's definitely a lot of interest, but perhaps with a slightly bigger
scope. I'd love to see HAWQ join Bigtop as one of the supported components.
For that to happen, there's quite a bit of work that still needs to be done on
HAWQ's side, starting with publishing a reasonable release.

This is not to say that you couldn't start with the Docker container
first and build
it out from there. Jemish, any chance you can play with Bigtop Docker
provisioner
and take a look what would it take to hook HAWQ up to it?

Does this sounds like a good plan?

Thanks,
Roman.