hawq-dev mailing list archives

From hong wu <xunzhang...@gmail.com>
Subject Improve code organization for HAWQ?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 07:38:06 GMT
The current code organization has some building disadvantages for
developers.

Developers can only compile HAWQ code in HAWQ_HOME which means if we build
HAWQ in another folder, the make process will fail.

Since the make system of HAWQ is come from Postgres. I also tried building
Postgres in a temporary new build folder and it works.

This kind of limitation has some disadvantages:
1. It is not neat to mix building generated files with source code.
2. We need to type make distclean if we want different configuration
environment. An ideal way for example is to keep a build_opt folder to hold
release mode build and keep a build_dev folder to hold debug mode.

Best
xunzhang