hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Radar Da lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Add python modules back into HAWQ code
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 16:01:57 GMT
Hi All,

Previously we removed all the third-party python modules from HAWQ code for
License incompatible concerns.

After that, users need to install many python modules by themselves. But in
some environment, use pip to install python modules are painful.

As my check, only 'paramiko' is not compatible with Apache HAWQ License. So
I suggest we add the python modules back into our code. For 'paramiko' we
can find another python module to replace it. Once we finished this, user
won't need to install any python modules.

Any comments? Thanks.

Attached the list of the python module license:

paramiko LGPL
figleaf BSD
pg8000 BSD
pygresql Python