hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Lei Chang <lei_ch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HAWQ 795,796,797
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 04:50:43 GMT
My understanding of the intention here is not to maintain our own copy and
and the target is to contribute it back to ORC project. It is just for
improving developer efficiency that might be introduced by delay from
acceptance from another project.

Hong and I had a offline discussion, I think we can have a better way for
this. From initial development, we even do not need to change the library
and if changes are needed, the proposal is to start JIRAs and submit pull
requests on Apache ORC.

Cheers
Lei