hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Jiali Yao <j...@pivotal.io>
Subject Integrate ICG to GTest
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 08:34:32 GMT
Hi all,

In HAWQ test, google test is used for libyarn and libhdfs test. Install
check test framework is used for smoke test and has a lot of limitations.
To make it easy to learn and consolidate test, we want to unify the two
frameworks. Considering below factors, we want to use google test:

   - It supports more functions and then a developer can write more complex
   tests which are not only limited to SQL test.
   - Google test support run test parallelly.
   - Google mock is an extension for google test, it can also be used for
   unit test.

For detail information please refer to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-832

Looking forward to your comments.