hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: First HAWQ release
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 00:37:41 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Ting(Goden) Yao <tyao@pivotal.io> wrote:
> I can still see 2 JIRAs open:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ/fixforversion/12334000/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel
>
> HAWQ-783: Remove quicklz in medadata
> HAWQ-460: thrift_devel library should be provided
>
> 783 was newly filed as a follow up of replacing quicklz with snappy
> compression.
> 460 - last comment was May - so I'd expect Lei or Radar give us some updates
> on this JIRA.

Awesome! Goden, can you please get us bought timeline when you expect both
of these to be fixed? Also, I see a lot of development activity on
master (ORC, etc.)
which probably shouldn't be part of the first release. Do you want to
cut a release
branch and manage it tightly at this point?

> These are the only blockers for Apache Release.
>
> Also I want to discuss if we still want to use 2.0.0-beta-incubating for our
> 1st release name.

This looks reasonable to me.

Thanks,
Roman.