hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Gagan Brahmi <gaganbra...@gmail.com>
Subject HAWQ YARN RPC Errors
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 16:58:11 GMT
Hi Team,

Do we have some recommended tuning for the RPC warning/errors
encountered intermittently?

The error which is seen is the following:

WARNING:  Sync RPC framework (inet) finds exception raised.
ERROR:  failed to return resource to resource manager, failed to
receive content (pquery.c:991)

This error however, disappears when we retry the query. There are
cases when the query is to be retried more than once.

The error looks to be invoked when COMM2RM_CLIENT_FAIL_RECV is encountered.

The setup is using YARN resource manager. And the following is the
yarn-client configuration used:

<configuration>

    <property>
      <name>hadoop.security.authentication</name>
      <value>kerberos</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.connect.retry</name>
      <value>10</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.connect.tcpnodelay</name>
      <value>true</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.connect.timeout</name>
      <value>600000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.max.idle</name>
      <value>10000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.ping.interval</name>
      <value>10000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.read.timeout</name>
      <value>3600000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.socket.linger.timeout</name>
      <value>-1</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.timeout</name>
      <value>3600000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>rpc.client.write.timeout</name>
      <value>3600000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>yarn.client.failover.max.attempts</name>
      <value>15</value>
    </property>

  </configuration>

I would appreciate some recommendations.

Regards,
Gagan Brahmi