hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Radar Da lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: HAWQ integration to Apache bigdata stack: remaining steps
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 07:51:03 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for list these items out.

For 'External dependencies' part, do you mean 'libthrift' or 'libhdfs'? I
see all the links above point to libhdfs.

    1. If you mean 'libhdfs', now it's already in HAWQ's source code, it is
located in 'depends/libhdfs3', we should build it as the same as libyarn
does.

    2. If you mean thrift, I didn't get what make it different with other
dependencies. Would you please specify the details need to be done?

For "Deployment" part:

    1. Sure we can try to make 'master' and 'segment' to do init/start/stop
without pasword-less. But initialize standby node will require to synchronize
files with master. Any advice how should we handle standby?
        Now HAWQ-469 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-469> is
tracking this, would you share the status, maybe we can assist on this to
speed it up.

    2. Another question is  if "remove password-less" is only required
during hawq installation/initialization(deployment)? Is it required to our
other management tools, e.g. 'hawq config/check/scp/ssh/...', these tools
will not function without password-less.

Thanks.

Regards,
Radar