hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Configuring MAVEN in the build prep.
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:40:27 GMT
Guys,

I am now using HEAD of the master branch to do BIGTOP-2320 integration work,
because it has HAWQ-385 fix, which let me to work around HAWQ-469 somewhat.

However, there's a strange effect that I haven't hit while using RC4 code.
Namely, configure can not resolve maven installation anymore. The problem
manifest itself as the failure of hawq-hadoop build, claiming that mvn is
missing.

I am using official Bigtop container for the build, and of course, the
environment has mvn in the $PATH, $MAVEN_HOME is set (as required by official
Maven documentation). But nonetheless, looking though the configure artifact I
see that variable MAVEN is empty there. I have tried to

  export MAVEN=$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn

as well as supply

  MAVEN=$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn

directly to configure, but with little success.

Anyone is seeing this or any idea how to get around it?
  Cos