hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ssh'ing around the cluster
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2016 22:44:47 GMT
On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 09:03PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:53AM, Lei Chang wrote:
> > Hi Konstantin,
> >
> > If I understand correctly, what you requested is in current hawq code base.
> > To init hawq, "hawq init cluster" is one way, you can also use "hawq init
> > master" and "hawq init segment" on all cluster nodes. Master and segments
> > are decoupled in 2.0.
>
> Ah, nice. Let me try that. Thanks!

Well, unfortunately, it doesn't work as expected. Even as I do
    $ sudo -u hawq /usr/bin/hawq init master

I see that the process is always going to local_ssh call, which ends up in an attempt to ssh
into localhost.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/trace.py", line 819, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/trace.py", line 807, in main
    t.runctx(code, globs, globs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/trace.py", line 513, in runctx
    exec cmd in globals, locals
  File "/usr/lib/hawq/bin/hawq", line 133, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/hawq/bin/hawq", line 80, in main
    result = local_ssh(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/hawq/bin/hawq", line 35, in local_ssh
    result = subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=True).wait()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1376, in wait
    pid, sts = _eintr_retry_call(os.waitpid, self.pid, 0)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 478, in _eintr_retry_call
    return func(*args)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks
  Cos