hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Init weirdness
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 06:15:22 GMT
Thanks for the explanation, Radar. But I am talking about hawq-site.xml, which
is being re-written and the original content is copied under hawq-site.xml.org
I guess I pointed to a wrong function, as I see that _write_config() is doing
exactly what you said.

Generating of the new files might be fine as we can make hawq user to own the
configuration directory. But whatever config files are there and belong to
root, should remain this way, in my option. Looking through the rest of the
script, I see that there's a number of attempts to remove properties from the
hawq-site file. E.g.

  remove_property_xml("hawq_standby_address_host", "%s/etc/hawq-site.xml" % self.GPHOME)

which would be the subject of the issue we're discussing

Cos