hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Init weirdness
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 05:14:14 GMT
Guys,

I've been slowly working my way towards running the hawq out of the package
(BIGTOP-2320) and have stepped on something that I can not quite explain.

During the initial cluster init, there's an attempt to rewrite the
configuration file hawq-site.xml Because of the standard location of the
configs on linux (under /etc/<appname> directory) and default permissions
(root:root), rewriting of the configs like that is problematic and insecure at
least.

Hence the question: why configuration file has to be rewritten given that it
is already provided? Shall the logic be changed to not overriding an existing
hawq-site?

Regards,
  Cos