hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HAWQ documentation
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 07:53:36 GMT
On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 12:16PM, David Yozie wrote:
> Cos: Open sourcing the docs and hosting on apache infrastructure is
> definitely in the works prior to first release.

Good to hear it is planned, David.

> This doesn't directly address your issue, but the docs link should really
> be pointing to hdb.docs.pivotal.io for the beta documentation, which is
> largely based off of the proposed open source docs. That at least has a
> better match to the code.

Indeed, it doesn't address the issue at all. The link should be pointing to
the Apache HAWQ website. That's the whole point. If the documentation is
hosted elsewhere then the access to it is controlled by a 3rd party which
might prevent open-access for contributors. And that's sorta against the
principles of open community. Well, actually it is _exactly_ against those
principles.

Cos