hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ting(Goden) Yao" <t...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: What's blocking our formal release candidate
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 21:18:31 GMT
I can see a few areas we can improve in terms of the commit process.
We have a community guideline for commit process on wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Contributing+to+HAWQ#ContributingtoHAWQ-Commitprocess(forcommitters
)

Original Commit :
1> missing a JIRA#
2> probably didn't strictly follow the guideline above. We should be able
to catch build breaking issues before we actually commit.

Revert Commit:
1> also missing a JIRA#
2> probably need to communicate in the dev mailing list for visibility of
the community and get consensus.

Other issue:
1> Jenkins reported SUCCESS on a broken build.

As these are more general process discussion, let's spin off a separate
thread for discussion. (I'll start shortly)

*Back to this thread, we need unblock our formal release.*
Roman, can you help fix the original commit C comment issue and re-submit,
Please use https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-184 (pass RAT check) or
create sub-task if you want to be more specific.

-Goden