hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ting(Goden) Yao" <t...@pivotal.io>
Subject Code Commit, Build, Test, Revert Discussion
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 21:37:39 GMT
We have a published commit process on wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Contributing+to+HAWQ

In the recent development activities, it occurs that we still need to
improve or enforce the process.

*Commit*
We have CR criteria defined on wiki, please review and comment if you see
anything can be added. Reviewers please follow the guideline.
For committers, we need to run "make installcheck-good" before committing
into master.

*Build (Jenkins)*
I've filed a JIRA to track the false SUCCESS report issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-331

*Test*
Just some questions and my observation:

1> I know we're still fixing "make unittest" , but I didn't find a JIRA to
track it. *@Lei* - can you help to double check if not, file a JIRA for
that.
2> should we add "make unittest" into Commit process after it's fixed.
3> any additional tests we want committers to run before submitting changes
into master?

*Revert Commits*
We actually didn't define that on wiki page at all - I'd like us to have a
discuss under what circumstances we want to revert a commit, including
criteria, communication, process, etc. then we can document that on wiki
for future reference.

Thanks
-Goden