hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Caleb Welton <cwel...@pivotal.io>
Subject Debugging installcheck-good failures
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 23:07:21 GMT
Dev community,

One question that was asked at the last HAWQ's Nest community call was:

"When something goes wrong with installcheck-good what are the common
reasons?"

As a followup from the call I ran through the excellent dev-environment
guide that Zhanwei put together [1].  Along the way I ran into some issues
and filed a jira [2] to g et those fixed.

I thought providing a quick intro of how I looked at the failures
encountered and how to diagnose them might be insightful to the wider
community.

Overall the current installcheck-good test suite will fail with 8 failures
in the current dev environment.  I will walk through each of these failures
in turn in subsequent emails.

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/mayjojo/hawq-devel/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-358