hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Caleb Welton <cwel...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Clover license file
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 20:16:21 GMT
This looks like it is the code coverage tool that was used for the
hawq-hadoop contrib module, the license file is referenced by all the pom
files under contrib/hawq-hadoop and I expect it would break at least the
code coverage tests if it was removed.

./hawq-mapreduce-ao/pom.xml:
 <licenseLocation>../lib/clover.license</licenseLocation>
./hawq-mapreduce-common/pom.xml:
 <licenseLocation>../lib/clover.license</licenseLocation>
./hawq-mapreduce-parquet/pom.xml:
 <licenseLocation>../lib/clover.license</licenseLocation>
./hawq-mapreduce-tool/pom.xml:
 <licenseLocation>../lib/clover.license</licenseLocation>
./pom.xml: <licenseLocation>lib/clover.license</licenseLocation>

That said... I strongly doubt that it is kosher to place a license file
that almost certainly was not a worldwide license into the OSS. This should
be removed and Pivotal should contact Atlassian about the unintentional
license leak.

For reference this[1] looks like the correct identity resolution for this
particular 'clover'.

[1] https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/About+Clover