hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2016 01:11:08 GMT
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Caleb Welton <cwelton@pivotal.io> wrote:
> When I run rat on this commit I'm still getting:

>> Summary
>> -------
>> Generated at: 2016-01-22T20:51:21+00:00
>>
>> Notes: 74
>> Binaries: 758
>> Archives: 0
>> Standards: 5688
>>
>> Apache Licensed: 1857
>> Generated Documents: 0
>>
>> JavaDocs are generated, thus a license header is optional.
>> Generated files do not require license headers.
>>
>> 3815 Unknown Licenses
>

> Better than it was before with 5030 Unknown Licenses, but still not clean.
> I'd like feedback on what the expectations are of the RAT check.  Is our
> target to get both Binaries and Unknown Licenses to 0?

Caleb, you need to run
   $ mvn verify

to get the correct RAT output. Look inside of pom.xml to see the classes
of exceptions we're managing there for RAT.

After downloading RC4 linked about the above command comes
back clean and here's the top of the rat.txt that gets produced in
target/ folder:

Summary
-------
Generated at: 2016-01-22T17:10:03-08:00
Notes: 5
Binaries: 0
Archives: 0
Standards: 2627

Apache Licensed: 1796
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

0 Unknown Licenses

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Make sure to run Maven 3.1+