hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: What's blocking our formal release candidate
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 18:53:48 GMT
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Ting(Goden) Yao <tyao@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi , I see the previous Roman's commit
> (https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/243 ) was reverted by
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/commit/e48a07b0d8a5c8d41d2d4aaaa70254867b11ee11

I actually would like to understand why it got reverted. Was there a build
that got broken by it (ok, I think I know the reason -- but the fact that
it got reverted silently bothers me and I'd like to understand the overall
reasoning when something like this happens).

> Can we fix the C comment issue and re-submit the commit. this is blocking
> final Apache Release.
> Please use: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-184 (pass RAT check)
> for the future commits regarding the clean up and license issue.

First of all, it would be great to understand what is the  public criteria for
a commit like that to persist in the code base. Is there a public CI that
I can leverage to understand whether I'm on the right track or not?

Thanks,
Roman.