hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC3
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 18:12:47 GMT
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Ting(Goden) Yao <tyao@pivotal.io> wrote:
> This is the 1st release for Apache HAWQ (incubating), version:
> 2.0.0-beta-incubating
>
> *It fixes the following issues:*
> Clear all IP related issues for HAWQ and this is a source code tarball only
> release.
> Full list of JIRAs fixed/related to the release: link
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Release+2.0.0-beta-incubating>
>
> *** Please download, review and vote by *Friday 6pm Jan 22, 2016 PST* ***
>
> *We're voting upon the source (tag):*
> 2.0.0-beta-incubating-RC3
>
> *Source Files:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.0.0-beta-incubating.RC3/
>
> *Tag to be voted upon:*
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=tag;h=e57b11b5cdb717fe6d207fb530609c5b9e99f533
>

> *KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS

* imported KEYS
* downloaded the artifacts
* checked the sigs and hashes
* checked LICENSE, COPYRIGHT, DISCLAIMER and NOTICE files
* ran RAT report and found two files that need license header fixing':
     src/bin/gpoptutils/gpoptutils.c
     src/bin/gpoptutils/Makefile

Also I must note that the tarball doesn't have a top-level folder, which,
while not against any rules is a little bit inconvenient. Given the fact
that RAT issues will lead to a re-spin I suggest fixing that too and
having a 2.0.0-beta-incubating as the top level folder in the archive.

All in all, lets take care of the 3 issues above and re-spin.

-1 (binding) for now.

Thanks,
Roman.