hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: license headers for hawq
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 06:24:31 GMT
On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Wen Lin <wlin@pivotal.io> wrote:

> Hi, HAWQ Mentors,
>
> I have added license headers to apache-hawq, here is the rules I follow.
> 1. will not add license headers to source files from or modified from
> Postgres.

2. will not add license headers 3rd-party tools/libraries, like
> contrib/orafce, pgcrypto, pljava, etc.
> 3. add  license headers to files from greenplum, or created by hawq(use
> apache-rat to add license header for source files).

All of the files that are not straight unmodified copies from the third
party libraries need to get Apache headers and no non-Apache licenses or
copyright notices. They should all be moved to either the LICENSE or NOTICE
file.

Can I ask what the binary files are? It is hard to include binary files in
Apache releases, because they are hard to inspect or validate.

.. Owen