hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: What's bar to be a HAWQ committer?
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 03:07:06 GMT
Hi Xin!

this is a great question. Certainly this is something that HAWQ
community has to ponder soon enough. There are no hard and
fast rules, but here are a few things that typically would prompt
considering somebody a candidate for a committer:
   1. participation in the mailing list conversations
   2. code contributions (patches submitted to JIRA or PRs) committed
   by existing committers
   3. documentation contributions
   4. wiki/social media contributions
   5. review of patches submitted by others
   6. reviews of release candidates
   7. bug reports

If the behavior of contributing to the project in a variety of different ways
continues for a few months I think it is reasonable to expect that your
merit should be considered as a basis for commitership.

Thanks,
Roman.