hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Propose an Apache HAWQ Release
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 04:09:50 GMT
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Radar Da lei <rlei@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> For item 0 and 1, I'm working on this, and there is a jira for it:
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-271
>
> These python source code will be removed, and user need to install them
> before install hawq, maybe by using python pip install.

Great! Seems like you guys are on a trajectory to take care of all the
feedback I provided. I suggest once that is done you simply follow
up with a more formal VOTE for RC3 as opposed to just doing the
tagging.

Btw, if may be a good idea to document the release steps on your
wiki similar to how we did it for, lets say, Bigtop:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+release

Thanks,
Roman.