hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: license headers for hawq
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 22:52:40 GMT
On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Wen Lin <wlin@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi, Caleb,
> The files you mentioned that need to be removed is recorded in Jira:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-186
> Lirong is working on this.
>
> Hi, Roman,
> Today I add license headers for some source files. The latest status is :
> Summary
> -------
> Generated at: 2015-12-07T18:59:07+08:00
> Notes: 78
> Binaries: 786
> Archives: 20
> Standards: 5834
>
> Apache Licensed: 1435
> Generated Documents: 0
>
> JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
> Generated files do not required license headers
>
> 4383 Unknown Licenses
>
> Some files are from 3rd party, like postgres, gtest, gmock, etc. I am
> wondering, is it correct to add license header for these files?
> Some other files are .out, .ans, .sgml etc, when use apache-rat to add
> license header for a folder, these files will be ignored by apache-rat

You don't need to change license headers on files coming from
other projects (in fact you can NOT do that legally).

You do, however, need to compile a very detailed list of exceptions
that you will pass to rat via -E/-e option:
    http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat/index.html

I would like these exception to be grouped and documented somehow
so that anybody reviewing the release can make sure why things
are on the list of exceptions.

Thanks,
Roman.